Any questions? Maybe you’ll find the answers here.
Verizon Theatre management is dedicated to providing an exciting and memorable guest experience while ensuring the safety and security of all Guests. The following policies set forth certain rules for attending any Verizon Theatre event. These policies apply to all guests. Guests who violate any of the policies will be escorted by security out of the theatre. Additionally, Verizon Theatre management reserves the right to suspend ticket privileges for guests who do not comply with these event policies.
Accessible Seat tickets are available for every AXS ticketed event through the normal purchase process. Instructions can be found on AXS website. Wheelchair accessible seats are located on row QQ of sections 202, 203, 204, 205, & 206. One companion is allowed per wheelchair seat. Accessible seating is also available in person at the Verizon Theatre box office. Handicap parking is located near the front of the venue. There is a handicap accessible ramp (front of the venue on the west side) that can be used for easy entry into the venue.
Verizon Theatre Grand Prairie is located at 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. See Parking/Directions or for more information contact Guest Services.
Alcohol Serving and Consumption
Verizon Theatre and its food and beverage concessionaires have adopted an alcohol policy that is designed to protect guests and the community from alcohol-related incidents. Guests are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served in containers larger than 24 ounces.
- There shall be a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each guest, per purchase.
- All guests who appear to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) will be asked to show valid identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages.
- Verizon Theatre reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of twenty one (21) who is observed to be consuming alcohol on the premises or who appears to be visibly intoxicated.
- Verizon Theatre and its food and beverage concessionaires will implement ongoing responsible alcohol management training sessions for its serving staff.
For safety and as a courtesy to other guests, aisles and seating walkways must be kept clear at all times. Please follow the directions of the usher in your section to your assigned ticketed seat and refrain from standing in the aisles.
Animals or pets of any kind are prohibited with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities and/or special needs. Services animals are welcomed into the building and must remain on a leash or harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service animal into the building, please contact the Guest Services department prior to your arrival.
There are three ATM locations at Verizon Theatre. Two are on the east side of the lobby (to the left of the main bar) and another is on the west side of the lobby (to the right of the main bar).
All bags larger than 14" square, i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc. will be prohibited from entry into the theatre.
Guests are welcome to bring their personal binoculars for most events at Verizon Theatre.
No commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited unless authorized by the promoter or performer. Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:
- Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods or tripods
- Flash equipment of any kind
Children younger than 12 months are admitted free into Verizon Theatre events provided that they sit on an adult's lap and do not occupy a seat. Please note that some events may have different age requirements. Please contact Guest Services for further information.
Code of Conduct
Verizon Theatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where:
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Guests will enjoy every event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guests will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the stage will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Guests will not smoke inside the venue. There are designated smoking areas on the east and west sides of the building.
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
- Verizon Theatre venue staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests' ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. We thank you for your cooperation.
Verizon Theatre has an exclusive concessionaire agreement with Wolfgang Puck Restaurants. Concession stands are located on each side of the venue, and include cocktails, beer, wine, soft drinks, hot and cold food items (such as sandwiches, hamburgers, pizza and hot dogs), and assorted snack selections (such as pretzels, popcorn and chips).
Verizon Theatre Guest Services welcomes all feedback, questions, and concerns from our guests. To contact us via e-mail, use the "contact" button on our web site www.verizontheatre.com. Most e-mails will receive a return reply within 24 hours. If your question concerns the event on that day, please call us at (972) 854-5050.
Please visit our Parking / Directions page.
All Guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Ejected Guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss. Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Standing on chairs
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- "Mooning" or exposing private body parts
- Interference with or delay of the show/event
- Violation of Verizon Theatre event policies
- Violation of the local, state, and federal laws and statues
- Attempting to enter the stage or backstage areas without permission
- Throw, discharge, or launch any liquid substance or objects
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another Guest / employee with loud and unreasonable noise
- Using profanity and/or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against the performers
The time the doors to Verizon Theatre open will vary according to the event. Typically doors will open 1 hour prior to the event time noted on your ticket. Please also see the specific event page for more information by clicking on the Event Calendar.
Verizon Theatre management reserves the right to deny entry to guests wearing clothing items displaying offensive text and/or images.
Verizon Theatre works on a continuing basis with the Grand Prairie City Fire Department, the Grand Prairie Police Department, and other agencies in the development of specific Emergency Procedures Plans for each event. Verizon Theatre recognizes that its goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere. The use of installed automated security systems, appropriate security operating plans, trained guest services and security personnel will ensure the security and safety of all guests, performers, and employees at Verizon Theatre. In the case of an emergency, guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding theatre operations and emergency response procedures.
All Guests entering the theatre during an event may be subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and a bag inspection conducted by security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items.
All restrooms facilities at Verizon Theatre are wheelchair accessible and are clearly marked. In addition, we have a unisex/family restroom available on either side of the main lobby.
Trained emergency medical technicians (EMT) personnel are available to assist any guest in need at every Verizon Theatre event. The First Aid office is available for every event and is located near the main lobby of the Theatre.
Food and Beverage
Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into the theatre during events. Glass bottles or metal cans are strictly prohibited. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the theatre or return them to their vehicle. Guest Services will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guest with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact the Verizon Theatre Guest Services.
Verizon Theatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Please view our Code of Conduct.
Guest Service Center
Our Guest Service Center is located near the main lobby doors and is designed to provide information to guests with questions, concerns, or issues during Verizon Theatre events. In addition, the Guest Service Center provides assistance to Guests with disabilities (see Disabled Services). Should you have a question, comment, or concern before or after an event, please contact our Guest Services department.
Verizon Theatre reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated Guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
Verizon Theatre is equipped with a "Listen" assisted listening device (ALD) system. Receivers are available for most events and are provided free of charge with a valid form of identification from the Guest Service Center located on the Verizon Lounge Level. Also see Disabled Services.
Lost and Found
Verizon Theatre management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events. All lost and found items are to taken to the Guest Service Center during events. Guests should visit the Guest Service Center near the main lobby during the event to inquire about lost items. After the conclusion of the event, if the lost item is not retrieved, Guests may contact Verizon Theatre at (972) 854-5050 to inquire about the lost item.
Verizon Theatre has a "no re-entry" policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies, must first make contact with a Guest Services supervisor or manager via the Guest Service Center to make necessary arrangements.
Parking is open two hours prior to the start of each event. No overnight parking allowed. Tailgating, grilling, open flames, or consumption of alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Parking fees are typically $15-$20 for General Lot, or $30-$40 for VIP/Suites Lot. Disabled parking spots are available in front of the building. There is a designated Drop Off location directly in front of the building. Parking is cash only, first come first serve basis.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Verizon Theatre events. Please visit the links below for specific policies/information.
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Cameras: Flash/Professional Photography
- Recording Devices
- Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases
- Tripods/Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles.
Guests may not bring audio or video recording devices into Verizon Theatre. These devices include, but are not limited to, video cameras/camcorders and audio recording devices. Any equipment not conforming to these rules must be removed from the premises or left with Guest Services near the main lobby during the event.
Restrooms are located each side of the main lobby (lower) level of the theatre. See also Family Restrooms.
Seating capacities vary for every Verizon Theatre event, depending on the set-up of the event. For most concerts, the capacity of the theatre is 6,300 guests.
Sign Language Interpreters
Verizon Theatre is pleased to provide sign language interpretation for guests with hearing impairments. Requests for this service must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the event and may be arranged through our Guest Services department. Please contact Guest Services to arrange this service. Also see Disabled Services.
Unless otherwise specified by the event management, Verizon Theatre welcomes guests bringing small signs, banners, and posters inside the building to show fan support during events. The following guidelines relate to these items:
- Item must be related to event.
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole.
- Item may not be larger than 11" x 17" in dimension.
- Item may not obstruct any sponsors/advertisers signage.
- Item may not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the Verizon Theatre.
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Verizon Theatre management.
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Verizon Theatre management.
- Guests are not allowed to hand out pamphlets, advertisement brochures, etc. to other guests while inside the theatre, without prior approval from Verizon Theatre management.
Smoking Policy/Non-smoking Environment
Smoking is not permitted inside the theatre at any time. Smoking areas are located on the east and west sides of the venue.
Strollers are not permitted into the theatre and will not be checked in at the Guest Service Center. Guests are encouraged to leave strollers in their vehicles prior to arrival at the theatre entrance.
Tickets / Purchasing & Will Call
To purchase tickets to Verizon Theatre events, and to inquire about ticket availability, please contact AXS via phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX (1-888-929-7849). The Verizon Theatre Box Office is only open on event days, 3-hours prior to the start time of that event. Please note that Will-Call tickets may only be picked up on the day of the event.
The resale of tickets ("scalping") is against the law and will not be permitted in and around the property of Verizon Theatre. Violators will be reported to the Grand Prairie Police Department. In addition, in accordance with the Grand Prairie Municipal code, guests may not sell their unused tickets to others in and around Verizon Theatre.
Grand Prairie City Ordinance #6601 is " An ordinance prohibiting the sale or resale of items on the premises of a city owned or partially owned venue or facility or in the streets and public right of ways of the city" "It shall be unlawful to sell or to offer for sell or resale any item, product property or service including but not limited to tickets, passes, food, t-shirts and other souvenir merchandise reflecting likenesses, images, or other messages concerning performances or appearances at the venue or any non-related event" "Sale or resale of items on the premises or in the streets and other public rights of way within 5000 feet of City owned or partially owned venues."
To avoid problems with counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, Guests should make your purchases through authorized outlets only.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel, not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the theatre. Verizon Theatre does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons may not be checked in at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: Firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, and knives. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the theatre or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the theatre and may be subject to arrest.
Our Guest Service Center provides complimentary wheelchair escorts to Guests with special needs when requested. Escorts are available at any entry point or Guests may make advance escort arrangements by contacting the Guest Services department. Also see Disabled Services.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Just ask us here.